Special Exhibition May 27 thru June 2 for Memorial Day Weekend. Families and Crew will reunite at the Museum on May 28th.
The Take Me Home Huey art installation and self-guided tour via individual mobile phones at The Palm Springs Air Museum. Open Daily from 10am to 5pm. The extended exhibition runs from February 17 thru April 30, 2016
The Take Me Home Huey art installation and self-guided tour via individual mobile phones at the Buckeye Air Fair will be open to the public from 9:00am -3:00pm Saturday February 6, 2016 come out and see us for the day!
- Thursday, Nov. 5: An opening night reception hosted by the City of Peoria to honor Vietnam veterans and their families and celebrate the artist’s work on Take Me Home Huey. In attendance will be local dignitaries; the families of Gary Dubach and Stephen Schumacher, who both died on Huey #174; and surviving veterans who flew on the helicopter. Light Horse Legacy, a 50th Anniversary Commemoration partner, has had the sculpture’s opening night reception sanctioned by the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Friday, Nov. 6: Two multi-media presentations hosted by the City of Peoria include an evening presentation that will feature discussions about PTSD. Scheduled at 90 minutes, the presentation will include panel discussions by the artist Steve Maloney, Dave Barron of Light Horse Legacy, and Christian Cooper of the West Valley Vet Center and local veterans.
- Saturday, Nov. 7: The Take Me Home Huey sculpture will serve as inspiration for a Veterans Day 5K run hosted by the City of Peoria and Peoria Veterans Memorial Board at Rio Vista Recreation Center, in honor of those who have served, as well as those who are currently serving our country in the Armed Services.
The exhibit will be enjoying a long run at the Airbase Arizona museum. We invite you to view the art up until January 31, 2016, in addition to the following special dates:
- Thursday, Nov. 12: Media Preview of the Take Me Home Huey installation from 11:00am – 2:00pm. Continuous screening of the project’s documentary film (8 minutes) with the artist Steve Maloney and Debbie McKinion, the Executive Director of the CAF, available for questions and interviews.
- Friday, Nov. 13: The Take Me Home Huey art installation and self-guided tour via individual mobile phones at the CAF will be open to the public from 10:00am -4:00pm daily.
A Huey helicopter reborn as a sculptural work of art will featured in the Phoenix Veterans Day Parade—one of the largest Veterans events in Arizona. The parade starts at 11am at North Phoenix Baptist Church (at Bethany Home Road and Montebello). The route heads south on Central, turns east on Camelback, and then south on 7th Street before de-staging at Indian School Road. (Note to media: Take Me Home Huey and Steve Maloney will be available early that morning for media preview and interviews coordinated by parade organizers.)
Steve Maloney will introduce his mixed-media sculpture, Take Me Home Huey, on International Sculpture Day on April 24, 2015. The 47-foot-long art sculpture, a performance of the Take Me Home Huey song, a viewing of the installation’s documentary trailer and Maloney’s introduction debut will be in a POP-UP Studio in a military tent at the Palm Springs Air Museum in Palm Springs, California.
Steve Maloney will be on hand for an intimate dialogue and explanations. The Open Studio will offer an artist talk and Q&A session about the Take Me Home Huey installation. The commissioned Take Me Home Huey song will be performed by the composer and lyricist Jeanie Cunningham along with a viewing of the documentary film trailer. The non-profit partner Light Horse Legacy will be present, as well as other special guests.